Sorry I pressed the enter button too soon. I need advice on…

Customer Question
Sorry I pressed the...

Sorry I pressed the enter button too soon. I need advice on whether I file suit for a post of facebook by the Mayor of the town I live in. I'll post a copy in a second.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

· Reply · 2h
Bill Krawietz
Bill Krawietz Sarah Stevick, can’t build a*****and not have restricted turns. What happened is City Council and yourself who knew NOTHING about highway construction was telling TXDOT how to design highways. You say it was too much road. B.S. good planning is to look for 40 years out. With your approach the road would be obsolete by the time it was completed. Officials at TXDOT cant remember your name but still joke about you today. Y’all missed a golden opportunity and we suffer today because of it. Sarah, you are not the best negotiator. Cause it’s Christmas won’t even get into the bomb you dropped on GBRA which led to The tragic day Bulverde lost the Water CCN an earlier City Council worked so hard to get. That has resulted in not being able to manage density in the ETJ and ALL of western Comal No...typical small town - our town PD won't do anything - he is the Mayor. Also he is friends with people in the County so who would I report this to>

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This has been ongoing to include him screaming at me in public...

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
This was posted on a friend's page that has over 600 followers. Additionally he has posted things like this previously and told he was wrong - another Mayor lost the CCN for the town. He is purposely lying about this.
I am a disabled veteran and this is affecting my health. Also my husband who has a serious heart condition is being affected. I go shopping in our town and hate to think people believe what he is saying.
12/25/2017
Lawyer: David C. Garner, Attorney replied 7 months ago
David C. Garner
David C. Garner, Attorney

I will try and help, but I am confused. First of all, I cannot tell when the post stops and your comments begin. That said, and read in a light most favorable to you, I don't see any legal cause of action here. This appears to be political speech on a matter of public concern (which draws the highest legal protection). Further, since I see no comments to/about you other than opinion, I do not see libel/slander here.

Based on what you have offered, you do not have a legal cause of action.

I hope this helps.

DCG

Thank you for your reply which I am not sure I agree with. I was Mayor 9 years ago and now a regular citizen - he is besmirching my good name and reputation in town of 5000 which I have now lived for 20 years. So will pursue this on my own. I have sent a letter to TxDOT as follows. I don't need a reply back from you but thought it would make good reading. I also plan on sending a letter to GBRA also. This is my email response letter to TxDOT:Thank you so much for your reply: Here is the actual Facebook post:“Bill Krawietz Sarah Stevick, can’t build a*****and not have restricted turns. What happened is City Council and yourself who knew NOTHING about highway construction was telling TXDOT how to design highways. You say it was too much road. B.S. good planning is to look for 40 years out. With your approach the road would be obsolete by the time it was completed. Officials at TXDOT cant remember your name but still joke about you today. Y’all missed a golden opportunity and we suffer today because of it. Sarah, you are not the best negotiator. Cause it’s Christmas won’t even get into the bomb you dropped on GBRA which led to The tragic day Bulverde lost the Water CCN an earlier City Council worked so hard to get. That has resulted in not being able to manage density in the ETJ and ALL of western Comal County.”My request to you:For years Mayor William (Bill) Krawietz has let his attitude and temper get the best of him. No one is immune to his tirades or ranting but most of us, including me, slough it off and go on.There are numerous publish social media and hard copy instances that show the Mayor to bully, harass, swear and intimidate which I will not detail so as to to keep this letter an appropriate length.Most of his ire has been aimed at individual residents of which, it seems, I am the perfect target. His latest posting on a popular Facebook page has me a bit concerned and I ask for your help in this situation. It is one thing to deal with his accusations which border on harassment but much more concerning if TxDot officials are participating or encouraging this behavior. Also, this is not the first time Mayor Krawietz has written or spoke about TxDot officials opinion of me – as I said this post is the latest. I can, given some time go back and check various pages for similar posts made by the Mayor if needed.Please note the underlined portion of his post which is concerning. I am left to speculate and wonder if TxDot officials had and still are ridiculing elected women representatives? Or if there the stated joking at my expense is due to my status as a retired military officer who is disabled? Or am I a special exception to ridicule? In the current climate of “me2” harassment I am not willing to let this pass without a sufficient explanation.I would request that an investigation, or something of a similar nature, be conducted to determine if TxDot officials had and/or still are “joking” about me to this day. If it is found that there is substance to the Mayor’s post then I would like the names of these TxDOT individuals and a formal public apology. If the investigations finds no substance then I would like TxDot to issue a formal statement that the Mayor is wrong.While I am flattered that perhaps I have been /am a source of amusement for officials for almost 8 years since I left office, there comes a time when enough is enough. I am at the age of the less drama the better and want this situation ended once and for all. I am a cancer survivor as well as my husband and he also has serious heart issues; we would like to live the remainder of what lives we have with a little dignity and peace.I may be contacted as follows: Email:***@******.*** Home Phone:(###) ###-####
Thank you for your assistance.Sincerely,Sarah A. Stevick