Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I want to file a Complaint in Federal court against the

Customer Question
I want to file...

I want to file a Complaint in Federal court against the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission under the Administrative Procedures Act. The case meets all 4 prongs of the test to determine if the facts would fall under the APA. Can a group file a Complaint pro se?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Florida. Federal Court is in Washington, D.C.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Sent a letter to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission that is on file at FERC complaining that the Commissions' action frustrates Congress' intent to regulate the importation and exportation of natural gas. Sent a letter to the U. S. Department of Energy as well.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

FERC's action has rendered the citizens of Florida in harm's way.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
12/24/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 2 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.Yes, a claim may be so filed. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.If desired, martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Thank you for the information. I thought that only an "individual" could go pro se. I am working with a group of concerned citizens. We would all be the Plaintiffs. A timeline would be easy to develop. I have all the documents needed to prove the case. I should have asked if the members of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission could have financial penalties for their arbitrary and capricious action that has put the citizens of Florida in harm's way, but I can't afford to ask another question (I am a retired senior citizen living on a fixed income). Thanks again for your help.
A Group can file pro se as individual actions or collectively.Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. Happy Holidays!
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
INFOLAWYER, Attorney