I have a question about out visitation paperwork and the…

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question about out visitation paperwork and the time were supposed to have the kids

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

Yes and we have a visitation schedule. Were just unsure of how long we have the children. For Christmas eve tonight

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Illinois

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The mother is stating that we have a short schedule today but an overnight on new years eve next week

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
12/24/2017
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 4 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Good morning. What does the court order say?
It says that all major holidays shall be alternated. Christmas eve and New year's eve is Robert on odd years and Christmas day and New year's day is Crystal on odd years. It lays out all other major holidays too. Then it says holiday parenting time shall be from 9 am to 8 pm except provided above. When one party has the children one holiday the other party shall have the children the following holiday. I.e. Christmas eve (mother) Christmas day (father). Crystal is saying that tonight on Christmas eve we get the kids from 9am -8pm only but New year's eve we get an overnight. We believe we're supposed to have the kids overnight tonight until Christmas morning around 9 am
The court order will control. If it is clear and states what time each parent should have the children it should control.
Did u get the pictures I tried to attach
I am sorry but I did not
It doesn't state an exact time for the major holidays. It states that holiday time is 9am to 8 pm except for the major holidays listed above. It says major holidays are alternating. I would believe that means the entire day until the next morning is that correct
It's not coming in clear. Can you please try and clarify the issue again
Did u get the pictures this time. It says at least one sent. We are trying to figure out exactly how long we actually he them today based on the paperwork
Here's the second picture
I am going to opt out as I have an issue viewing them. Another expert can assist.
Tina, Lawyer