I want to pay off my debts. part of the debt is a second…

Customer Question
I want to pay...

I want to pay off my debts. part of the debt is a second mortgage which has gone from $21000 to $60000 because of interest. $15000 of that second mortgage were forged checks . I refused to pay off the 15000 becuse i didnt think it bwas

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Indiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The guy who wrote the forged checks was charged with identity theft in 2007. but he wasnt charged with the $15000 in forged checks

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Im hoping to negotiate with the the help of an attorney to reduce the amount of the second mortgage. The second mortgage was a personal line of credit. They have have stopped sending me statements on the personal line of credit. Both my mortgage and the personal line of credit are held by bank of america.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
12/24/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 6 months ago

Thank you for your question.

I am afraid that state law forbids any expert on this site from actually representing you or any other customer on the site. If you need local counsel, please use the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.lexmundi.com