What is the difference between las vegas municipal court and…

Customer Question
what is the difference between...
what is the difference between las vegas municipal court and las vegas justice court
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/24/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Las Vegas Municipal Court handles misdemeanor and traffic cases allegedly occurring within the city limits. Las Vegas Justice Court hears all other criminal cases in Las Vegas. A Justice Court case may eventually be transferred (or "bound over") to Clark County District Court if the criminal charges include felonies or gross misdemeanors. (Note that appeals to the Nevada Court of Appeals and Nevada Supreme Court are heard in the Nevada Supreme Court building in Las Vegas).

Here if you were charged with something in the city limits its Justice Court , if you were outside the city but in Clark County it is justice court.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 4 months ago

Merry Christmas and thanks for rating.

Ray, Lawyer