I AND MY NEPHEW PURCHASED A CAR AND THE DEALERSHIP TOLD ME…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I AND MY...
Second opinion] I AND MY NEPHEW PURCHASED A CAR AND THE DEALERSHIP TOLD ME TO TELL THE BANK I PAID 3000 DOLLARS WHEN THEY CALLED FOR THE INTEVIEW AND COMPLETE THE PROCESS ONCE THE BANK VERIFICATION WAS DONE SHE CONGRADULATED ME ALL WAS GOOD. I WENT BACK IN PAID FOR AN OIL CHANGE WENT BACK AGAIN BECAUSE THE WHEELS WERE TILTED IN AND ADVISED TO GET THAT FIXED BECAUSE I WAS TRYING TO GET A ALIGNMENT. A WEEK PRIOR TO MY GOING TO MAKE MY CAR PAYMENT I WAS RECIEVING CALLS ASKING WHEN I WAS COMING IN I TOLD THEM I WOULD BE IN BEFORE IT WAS DUE ONCE I GOT THERE THEY BLOCKED NY CAR AND TOLD ME I COULDNT TAKE THE CAR BECAUSE THE BANK HAD TO VERIFY EMPLOYMENT THE POLICE WERE CALLED AFTER A COUPLE OF HOURS OF GOING BACK AND FORTH THE OFFICERS SAID THEY COULDNT MAKE ME GIVE THEM THE CAR ALSO TOLD THEM THEY SHOULDNT DO BUSINESS THAT WAY...WELL FOR THE NEXT FEW WEEKS OF THEM TELLING ME TO FIND ANOTHER COSIGNER THEN DODGING CALLS AND LYING THEY SAID I COULDNT GET THE CAR BACK NOR MY DOWN PAYMENT HOW D I GET MY MONEY BACK
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
12/24/2017
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 6 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

I am bit confused. I thought you said that the Police told them that they could not force you to turn over the car. Are you saying now that you wound up leaving the car there despite the Police saying that they could not force you to leave the car there?

Kindly clarify.

Thank you for your cooperation.

No it wasnt my choice to leave it there you see comes to find out i didnt i had a ticket and i was arrested and the police wouldnt wait for someone to pick up the car they parked on the outside of the gate and as soon as we left they towed the truck on the lot blocked it in and i still have the key

Thank you for the information.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

You need to file complaint against the dealership with your Attorney General's Office, Consumer Protection Division. If your issue remains unresolved, you may consider filing a Small Claim at your local Courthouse to force the dealership to return your money to you. You can obtain complaint forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office. You may also obtain the forms online if the Court makes forms available online.

You may also consider retaining the services of a local consumer Attorney to assist you with the case. Most consumer Attorneys would take a case on contingent fee basis. This means that the Attorneys may not charge upfront for their fees and would only get paid if they win the cases for the consumers. Even then most Courts award Attorney fees to prevailing consumers. So, you may not have to pay out of pocket to obtain a consumer Attorney to assist you with the case.

You can use the following sites to find local consumer Attorneys:

Consumeradvocates.org

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Goodluck with your case,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.