Do I have any options dealing with the hospital, and making…

Customer Question
Do I have any...

Do I have any options dealing with the hospital, and making them remove bill from my credit. They never even notified me about missing form

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

The hospital is in sc and I am in nc. The surgery was done in November 2016. It was supposed to be a charity. It shows up on my credit in October of 2017. I am currently trying to buy my house and because this shows up all of a sudden on my credit, the bank denied me

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have contacted the hospital administrators office and vp of charities office. They finally agreed to let me reapply for charity, but when I sent paperwork in they did not even allow it to be processed.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think that is everything

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
12/24/2017
Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Roger, Attorney
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I’ll be glad to assist.The only two ways to get rid of this debt is to pay it or to file bankruptcy and have the debt discharged as an unsecured debt.Otherwise, the hospital has a right to report and collect the debt. Also, if this is a state our county/city debt, there is no statute of limitations.
The best way to resolve this would be to reach an agreement with the hospital and ask that they remove the negative information from your credit sinking as you are paying in accordance with your settlement agreement.
even if it is their fault that I was not notified about missing paperwork
The missing paperwork doesn’t likely invalidate the debt.
However, It may give you some leverage to settle the debt.