Can a car be impounded in Jefferson Oregon if the owner has…

Customer Question
Can a car be...

Can a car be impounded in Jefferson Oregon if the owner has his lisence revoked but the driver of the car has a valid lisence

Lawyer's Assistant: License regulations vary from place to place, so can you tell me what state this is in?

Oregon, jefferson

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No car was impounded was told it was a city ordenance

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/23/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

It is not legally required that the owner of a vehicle have a driver's license. In fact, I had an elderly client who gave up their license and hired a driver to operate their car for them.

So, not having a license, in and of itself, should not result in a car being impounded, unless it was, otherwise, court ordered.

There are certain ordinances which would allow or even require impounding if the driver or the car was not insured.

Otherwise, as long as the car was being operated by a licensed driver, there is no legal requirement that it be impounded.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!