Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

How can I have only $300 in a bank accountand yet be able to…

Customer Question
How can I have...

How can I have only $300 in a bank accountand yet be able to file bankuptcy

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Az

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I am almost ready yo file online. Just am puzzled about the bank account as to how I pay rent and eat. i

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

! have no choice but to file.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/23/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 month ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

Please explain your question, what do you mean by your question? You need to qualify for bankruptcy based on your debt asset ratio.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, I qualify. Ijust know that you are only allowed $300 in a bank at filing. What about living expenses, food and rent?

You need to spend your money down and time the filing of bankruptcy to right after you pay your bills. The $300 is "at the time of filing" so if you spend your money and pay your bills and get to below $300 then file that day and the next day it goes up to $1000 it is okay.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney