I passed the 180 day deadline to file a discrimination

Customer Question
I passed the 180...

I passed the 180 day deadline to file a discrimination complaint with the ADA; However, due to my circumstances, might there still be time?I did not need any special accommodations, I was a waitress and did my job well. After hearing through another employee that I had a condition which required medication, I was told by my employer, on July 15th, 2014, not to return to work until I provide a copy of my medication prescription. This was confirmed during a recorded unemployment telephone hearing. Please note this employer did not provide any benefits.I was unable to file this complaint sooner, due to the crisis this caused me and my family. After I refused to disclose my medical information, I was left without a job. This was followed by a court ordered eviction, hospitalization, inability to afford medication, which ultimately resulted in me becoming homeless. My son and I were referred to a local shelter which worsened my condition. My son and I have since been housed in a federally funded community for formerly homeless families with a disability. I was unable to function properly for over a year. Thankfully, my symptoms have improved, and I am now able to function better. Making it possible for me to address this issue.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida, but this is not real estate related, its employer discrimination due to a disability

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I just filed a complaint with ADA today

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/23/2017
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 7 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Are you trying to file complaint with U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission or Florida Commission on Human Rights?

I thought you said that you were trying to file, but your second last statement indicates that you have already filed. Kindly clarify.

Thank you for your cooperation.