My name was on lease with someone else also on lease

My name was on...

My name was on lease with someone else also on lease landlord sued her for damages and was awarded a 2000 judgement but she can only pay 25 per month can he come back and sue me after judgement was reached

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Michigan

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes he filed she missed court date judge awarded him 2000 verdict

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She is only paying 25 a month so now he’s threatening to sue me for the 2000 also

12/23/2017
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Does the lease say that the tenants are jointly and severally liable?

Loren, Attorney
That is other problem she took copy of lease so I’m not sure
Phone call session started
Loren, Attorney