I was accused by the family member because of my money

Customer Question
I was accused by...

I was accused by the family member because of my money inside my house they get a police one of my neighbor to arrest me so that they can get away with my money and they did now for the court they don't want appear to the court . The judge drop the case do I have right to sue them?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Tennessee

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I was arrest and put restraining orders not to get in my home by the time I get there they took every thing and left no report sir.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No sir

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
I found out some one gave the a police officer phone and have that plan to arrest me because while I get home the guy run away from house and came with police
The police who set this is from plastine he look white but he speak Arabic I learn that before I was arrest
12/23/2017
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Yes. If the case is dismissed as to you, you can bring suit for malicious prosecution and for the conversion of your property and try to recover damages.

In order to win a suit for malicious prosecution you would have to prove the following:

-- that the defendant filed an action against you without probable cause;

-- that he did so maliciously;

-- that the proceedings ended favorably as to you;

-- that you sustained damages.

You could also sue for conversion. That's the intentional interference with your property, which the defendant then used for his own ends.

You would want to hire a lawyer for these proceedings. If you are not sure where to find a civil litigator (trial lawyer) for this case, you could contact the Tennessee Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service, and they should be able to find you one who handles intentional torts such as these.

http://apps.americanbar.org/legalservices/lris/directory/main.cfm?id=TN

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.