Discharge From Treatment For Refusing Drug Test - In

Customer Question
Discharge From Treatment For...

Discharge From Treatment For Refusing Drug Test - In Florida, If are person if requested to take Drug Test and BAC, but refuses, is the Treatment Center within their rights to: ***** ***** individual from Treatment Center (TC) owned housing without any allotted time to arrange for travel, safety, or shelter? (State Eviction Laws apply? 2. Refuse to provide a place to keep personal effects to prevent theft or so the personal items don't not empede or eliminate the possibility of travel by walking. Which in many cases could be the only option. 3. Fail to provide with psychotropic medication prescribed by doctor at TC. 4. Hesitant to provide any kind of paperwork regarding discharge or treatment. Thanks for any incite

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not with the client's knowledge.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Also. it just came to my attention that someone saw my back pack and then told the Techs. I have our messages. I started communicating with my therapist to try resolve the issue . Cause in my head he is still my co get
12/23/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

Unfortunately, this is not a residential landlord tenant issue, you signed a contract with the treatment center and failure to comply with any of their rules can be grounds for immediate discharge from the program and removal from the premises. So, legally, the state eviction laws do not apply here and they can make a violating patient leave immediately. They do not have to store the patient's property and, in fact, they do not want the liability or responsibility for that property and claims by a disgruntled patient that property is missing or broken.

If the patient had medication at the facility that the patient had paid for, they need to give them that medication as part of their personal belongings.

The center is supposed to provide a discharge paper explaining the reason for discharge from the program, but that alone is not grounds to sue or dispute being removed from the center.

However, refusal to comply with the program terms is grounds for immediate removal and if you look at the contract you signed when you entered the program you would see that it tells you that.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Thank you for your reply.I've done some mean things in my life but I have never put someone in such a terrible positi on. For me it wasnt bad because I had friends in Orlando. I can possibly move Al that on my bike

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, these treatment programs have zero tolerance policies for ANY rule violation. So, when any of the patients violates any rule, the facilities simply use zero tolerance without concern for the issues you are right to be concerned about. So while I do understand your position, legally the facility can do just what they did.