Restraining order appeling what are the odds. Califoria.

Customer Question
Restraining order appeling what...

Restraining order appeling what are the odds

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Califoria

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

Quick 2 day trail

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/23/2017
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 7 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry, but I do not understand your post.

Kindly review, edit, properly identify the parties and your issues, ask specific question(s), and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation.

my wife of 16 years got a one year restraining order on me, judge pushed us to a small 2 day trail, I feel like she never showed proof of violence only that she was scrared, what are my chance in cali with metoo of overturning this. her laywer even used that work in the closing. my wife lied, her mother lied, she is using this for custody
what are my odds

Thank you for the information.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

A Restraining Order cannot be overturned solely because there was no proof of violence. Putting someone in fear of imminent physical harm is the standard. If you can show she lied about being in fear of imminent physical harm, then you would be successful in getting the Court to vacate the Restraining Order. Otherwise, you are not going to be successful. So, if you have evidence that your wife along with her corroborating witnesses lied, you have to provide that evidence to the Court.

Goodluck with your case,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

I can bring witness that she prove she or and her witness lied in court?

Yes, you can bring witnesses to the Court to support your case.

Can she bring new witness
But we can’t add evidence

You have to follow your local rules to inform the Court and other parties in the case of witnesses or any new witnesses to be called at trial. The opposing party must do the same also.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Local rules that's why I am using this service, what is average applea process cost?