Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My mother died in Sept. 2016. I was the trustee/executor of

her trust which JA: Since estate...
My mother died in Sept. 2016. I was the trustee/executor of her trust which
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: I dispensed the trust in March 2017. Received a bill for surgery the day before she died. This came after the statute of limitations (1 year).
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is this a free consultation?
12/23/2017
Michael Lykken, Esq
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a California attorney. Thank you for using this service, and please understand that I can only provide you with general information in this forum. Now that the formalities are out of the way, let's look at your question. I understand your mother died in Sept. 2016, and you received a bill the day before she died. You mention the statute of limitations, but there are several statutes that could be applicable. I am not sure of your question, so if you could clarify it for me I would appreciate it. Thank you!
Michael Lykken, Esq
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The bill was for her surgery, and that surgery was the day before she died. I received a bill in December 2107
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The bill is >1 year old and beyond the statute of limitations. The creditor is threating to send it to collections. I was the trustee/executor and the living revocable trust was dispensed to all beneficiaries in March 2017, Will my credit report be damaged if this debt goes to collections? It is for $2460. Thank you.
Michael Lykken, Esq
Michael Lykken, Esq
Michael Lykken, Esq