Was assaulted this morning, by a female co worker after our…

Customer Question
Hey I was assaulted...

Hey I was assaulted this morning, by a female co worker after our job around other co workers. One of my male workers had this idea to say something to vulgar to her. He kept asking me over and over again. If I dare him too. I was like yeah sure man bet you wont. He says it to her in the parking lot and then tells her I dared him too. We all went into the donut shop, then she told to come here and she slaps me as hard as she could. I figured out why she did and I told her that was all his idea and he kept asking me to dare him. I spoke with my boss about it, but this was after work was over and we all decided to go a donut shop to hangout.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Alabama

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, heres the kicker. The female co worker. Is my boss's neices soon to be fiance. I feel like he was trying to to talk me about out of pressing charges. We all do security. He said I could lose my security license, cause The guy said I dared him to do it. He sexually harassed her with what he said.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I really want to know if I should file a report and press charges. I was told that I would lose my security license by association, by them saying that I said I dared him to do it.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
The guy I work with had said some stuff to me about her earlier that was similar, before we all hanged out after work, then he kept asking me to dare him to say what it was over and over. I responded yeah sure I bet you wont. He, then proceeded in the parking lot of the donut shop where we all met up after work. I left work with the male that made the statement to her. Me, her the male that was driving me, and my other male co worker met at the donut shop. He made the statements in parking to lot to her, then she came into the donut shop and slapped me in front of the two male co workers and all the donut shop co workers. They were all witnesses. Theyre are cameras in that donut shop. My boss is a former police officer, but that's his nieces soon to be engaged to girl friend. He claims by association if I press charges against the girl, that indefinitely that the guy that made the statement would get in trouble for sexual harassment, lose his security license and that the girl that assaulted me would lose hers as well, but he said I could potentially lose mine as well for them saying that I dared him to say it? After I told her it was his idea and said Im not the one you should had done that too, she actually tried hitting him.
12/23/2017
Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

If you file a complaint with the police over this you are not going to get the response that you expect. The police likely will tell you that this is a civil matter and that you have some blame for instigating the incident. If they do press charges against her it will be for simple assault. She would likely lose her job. she might also receive probation if the matter were to go that far. You would have to testify in court about what happened.

I understand that you did not intend to do so, and that the other uy is the true instigator. Nevertheless, there were "fighting words" that were passed between the three of you towards her. There was also a harassing and hostile workplace situation created for her.

I am not saying that she was in the right to strike you, but I am saying that the factors surrounding the incident creates mitigation for her.

Whether you would be at risk of losing your security clearances or your job, I can not say with certainty, but the process that is involved is long and costly.

Apologies all around, and a mature decision to put the incident behind is in everyone's best interests.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

34;There was also a harassing and hostile workplace situation created for her." Harassing and hostile workplace situation created for her. Even though we were all off and we weren't on work property?

Yes. That is correct. The activity can happen outside of the work place and still be considered harassment.

see this article for more information about this:

https://www.eandblaw.com/employment-discrimination-blog/2016/01/06/sexual-harassment-away-from-work/

Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer