I have a closed account on my credit report that has been on…

Customer Question
I have a closed...

I have a closed account on my credit report that has been on there for 20 years, its closed. was for credit card debt

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

Arkansas. says opened 1997

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just should i just dispute it

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
12/23/2017
Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

it says closed 1998

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

There is no issue at all with you having a closed credit account on your record. It has zero effect on your credit. Many people have numerous old closed accounts listed. It merely shows the history of your credit. This old account has no negative affect on your credit. If there is derogatory information related to the account then that information should be removed. Negative information may only be reported for 7 years.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

i thought i was to be charged 5 dollars, not 47

I am independent of Just Answer. So I can not address the deposit vs the final payment. Please call customer service at 1(###) ###-####.

Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer