My daughter's roommates are posting on Craigslist that she…

Customer Question
My daughter's roommates are...

My daughter's roommates are posting on Craigslist that she is a psycho, alcoholic and drug abuser. My daughter is a recovering alcoholic and I am afraid this will affect her in a negative way. What can I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

CA

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Told her to leave until she feels safe. She lives with her boyfriend who is the lease holder. There are three other people living there in two of the rooms. They are habitual non-medical pot smokers and are behind on their rent. They have given 30 days notice and refused to pay utillities for 3 months

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The upstairs roommate threatened my daughter with w tazer. Police were called but no arrest. Tazer girl them obtained an order of protection agaisnt my daughter's boyfriend sorry for spelling...I'm upset

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/23/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.

What can I answer for you? I see what you've written but I am not quite sure what you mean by the very general "what can I do?"

What are my legal options? I have never been in a situation like this. I mean, literally, what can I do?
this is not satisfactory
Lawyer: Lori, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Lori
Lori, Attorney

Do you still need assistance? I recommend that she consider her options against her roommates for defamation, including a demand for an immediate retraction on Craigslist.