Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

What should I pay attention to when I sign and NDA? I’ve…

Customer Question
What should I pay attention...
What should I pay attention to when I sign and NDA? I’ve been signing a couple lately but want to make sure I understand what’s in it. I found this list below on a blog but I’m having a hard time finding what language actually represents that in the NDA.1. Look at what information is confidential
2. Make sure the agreement is “mutual”—meaning it protects both the clients and your information.
3. Make sure the confidential obligations terminate at some point in time. If your obligations are “Perpetual” it means you’re singing for life.
4. Be aware for non-competition clauses. They can prevent you from working for the competition of that client for a period of time.
5. Keep your intellectual property rights. You don’t want to sign away the rights of something that you own or invented.With all these points the question that comes to mind is: But how does that look? Where can I find this language in the NDA? I’ve combined five NDAs in the PDF file attached and it would be really helpful if you can point out what sections to look at to find these 5 points. Adding comments to the PDF file (with the numbers of the list above) at the specific sections of the PDF might be best.Would that be something you could help me understand?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
12/23/2017
Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
I would be happy to help in reviewing a document like this would be a premium service. Premium services cost additional fees
Where can I sign up for that?

Let me know if and when you want to discuss.

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer