Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I had a vehiclereposessed may 5 2016. I do not remember

Customer Question
receiving any notices from the...
I had a vehiclereposessed may 5 2016. I do not remember receiving any notices from the lender but when I contacted them 2 months ago they sent me a packet of papers. I was reading the Pa MVSFA and it states they are required to send me a letter stating where the vehicle is being held, where i can get my property back, when and where the vehicle would be sold. None of that information was ever given to me. It states they sold the vehicle at auction on 6/28/2016 and sent me a letter notifying me 08/02/2016. My question is since they violated my rights can I fight the deficiency? I never got any of my personal property back.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/22/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 2 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
They failed to meet a condition precedent. A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it! martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
INFOLAWYER, Attorney