If a lawyer got no results for me on a winning case and then…

Customer Question
If a lawyer got...

If a lawyer got no results for me on a winning case and then submitted paperwork to the court which did not match what the judge had ruled, can I get a refund?

Lawyer's Assistant: You can email***@******.***. JustAnswer is backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee. So if our Customer Care team can't address your issue, and it's been 30 days or less since you paid to ask your question, they will refund your money.

Justanswer support can answer this question?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None. The attorney suggested that she would not file the paperwork until she was paid, then she filed it anyway, and it didn't match the judge's ruling.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Other than the fact that I'm being harassed by the opposing party because the new paperwork is so late being submitted by my attorney and I basically feel like I got ripped off... no.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
12/22/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 6 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
you can get a refund.Often lawyer will agree to avoid being sued. Some lawyers specialize in malpractice.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”