Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My husband and I had a caivers report put against us ,it was…

Customer Question
My husband and I...

My husband and I had a caivers report put against us ,it was removed after I contacted the state, but it cost us the sale of a home and hurt our credit rating really bad what can we do about it

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

We now live in Colorado, but we lived in Tennessee and that is where it originated

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

We contacted the state and got it removed

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
12/22/2017
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 2 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties. However, I am a bit confused. Caivers (Credit Alert Verification Reporting System) is a federal system. Why would the State remove a report from a federal database?

What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Tina, Lawyer