I need a consult. NY. It's my previous roommate said to my…

Customer Question
Hi, I need a...

Hi, I need a consult.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NY

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Nope, it's my previous roommate said to my mon she would report me as blackmail if I don't give her a amount of money

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/22/2017
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Do you owe her money? Have you reported the blackmail?

here is the thing, we were couples before and we've rent a house together early this year, and the contract date is from May 2017 to May 2018, we pay the whole rental fee for one year, total is $ 25500. At the end of May this year, we broke.

Where does blackmail fit into this equation?