I am a 67 yr old woman. I was born in 1950 to 2 smoking

Customer Question
Second opinion] I am...

Second opinion] I am a 67 yr old woman. I was born in 1950 to 2 smoking parents. At that time big tobacco was telling everyone that it was good for you. Of their 4 children two of us became smokers having started as infants sucking our thumbs. My brother and I are still addicted and it now costs $10. a pack.. Can you make big tobacco defray the costs?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Honolulu,Hawaii

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not at the moment.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
12/23/2017
Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 6 months ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is Alex.

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, while there had been some success when it comes to people who passed away or became gravely ill from smoking to sue and collect compensation from the tobacco company for their illness and/or death, there has not been any option or precedent where a smoker would be able to continue smoking and to obtain any compensation to cover their cost of smoking or to have their cost of tobacco products defrayed by the tobacco companies.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and good luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?

Thank you.

Thank you.

Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 5 months ago
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.Thank you.