I need a family lawyer. Flórida. My husband and I are in the…

Customer Question
I need a family...

I need a family lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Flórida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My husband and I are in the beginning of separation we have two homes it was agreed between him and I that he was going to stay in one house and I was going to stay in another house somehow today he went into my house without my permission got inside the house and told me he is not going to be leaving I can even call the police what can I do

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
12/22/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

Since you're married, you are entitled to go into either of the two houses and so is your husband. That's probably why he's saying you can call the police - because he knows that legally there's not a whole lot they can do about his being there (unless, for example, you were to file a restraining order against him preventing him from being in the home - but you would need grounds for that).

But he’s the kind of aggressive person how do I get my stuff out if he doesn’t want to leave do I just leave everything behind I also run my company from my home can he stay there and access all my private companies stuff

No, he can't access your company's stuff. Is it on a computer? In files? In either case you'd want to secure it.

As far as getting your stuff out - what type of stuff are you referring to? Furniture? Your clothes? Some things is personal property while others are marital property.

Since my office is inside my house and he is inside my house he can access anything from my company because I didn’t know he was going to go there and I didn’t have everything secured I was caught by surprise and I don’t have anything with me in because he is aggressive I don’t want to go in there by myself

Okay, so if you're going to stay there you'll want to secure all the company files/items.

I don’t want to stay there I want him out while I get my stuff but will the police help me I don’t want to stay there but he doesn’t give me an option he staying he saying he’s not moving

Is he ever out of the house? You could move your things when he's out of the house. The police won't be much help to you; in other words, they're not going to make him leave while you pack your things unless there's some legal document (court order, restraining order, etc.) that warrants it.