Can a signed property settlement agreement be appealed

Customer Question
Hello, can a...

Hello, can a signed property settlement agreement be appealed before it goes before a judge?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Nj

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

The property settlement agreement was signed by both parties and is set to go before a judge

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I don't think so

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/22/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

Since it has not yet been "Ordered" by a judge, you would want to tell your attorney that you no longer agree to the terms of the settlement - before the judge signs it and it becomes an actually binding order.

Tina, Lawyer