I got an unlawful detainer notice for non payment of rent in…

Customer Question
I got an unlawful...

I got an unlawful detainer notice for non payment of rent in NOV. i paid nov rent. this was filed after all of it was received. i need to file an answer, the notice i got is inconsistent and doesnt even agree with what thier attorney is stating they reported that i owed

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Sorry....California and my name is tiffany..

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I was served with an unlawful detainer

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I dont know, the list is long. i guess i just need to know how to proceedd

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/22/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

What can I answer for you? I've read what you wrote but I don't see a question listed.

the 5 days i have to answer are business days, correct? i was served on a saturday

What does your document say - 5 days or 5 business days?