I am 16 and a half, what rights do I have to determine where…

Customer Question
I am 16 and...

I am 16 and a half, what rights do I have to determine where I want to live?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not sure I understand

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/22/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

I'm being held against my will, what can I do?

You could file for emancipation from your parents if you believe you would do better living on your own.