I have been evicted by a man who is both my land load and…

Customer Question
I have been evicted...

I have been evicted by a man who is both my land load and employer I have evacuated the premises and I need to know if the land loard is responsible for my possesions

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has the employer taken so far? Have they prepared or filed any paperwork?

It to my knowledge Just verbal to me

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the land located?

Ellendale chicken farm

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Does he have the right to tak possession of my personal property?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
12/22/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

No, even if he evicts you he would not be entitled to your personal possessions. Keeping them without your consent would be unlawful and you could sue him for the possessions themselves or their value (even if you owe him rent).

Please let me know if that answers your question. If you don't need any additional information, could you please take a moment to submit a rating. It DOES NOT cost you anything extra and it allows me to get credit for helping you. Sometimes people aren't aware that experts don't get any credit for the time and effort that we spend on our answers unless you rate it positively. 5 STARS ***** is always appreciated! If you have follow up questions I'd be happy to answer them as well. You can still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be some lag in my response time if you follow up with additional questions. It just means I'm working with someone else but I will ALWAYS come back an answer your questions when I'm done.