Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I have 2 civil cases happening one in Arizona and one here…

Customer Question
I have 2 civil...

I have 2 civil cases happening one in Arizona and one here in San Antonio I need to know if the attorney I have in Arizona needs to know anything about the case in texas as they are unrelated

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

I am in texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes the case in arrizona has been filed the case here is in temp status until January however they are totally unrelated

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I want to know if the lawyer in Arizona has to know anything about the case in texas

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
12/22/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 2 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

If the cases are unrelated you're really under no obligation to disclose the other case to your attorney. That being said, any time you're involved in litigation, it's not a bad idea for your attorney to have all the facts - and knowing that you have another case out there would be something many attorneys would want to know. Again, not mandatory if they're not related, but frequently it is something that is disclosed. Please let me know if that answers your question. If you don't need any additional information, could you please take a moment to submit a rating. It DOES NOT cost you anything extra and it allows me to get credit for helping you. Sometimes people aren't aware that experts don't get any credit for the time and effort that we spend on our answers unless you rate it positively. 5 STARS ★★★★★ is always appreciated! If you have follow up questions I'd be happy to answer them as well. You can still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be some lag in my response time if you follow up with additional questions. It just means I'm working with someone else but I will ALWAYS come back an answer your questions when I'm done.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney