How do i get legal to distill my own alcohol. Texas. Small…

Customer Question
How do i get...

How do i get legal to distill my own alcohol

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Small batch 2.5 gal still

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/22/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

Under Texas law, you are allowed to distill less than 200 gallons per year without a license or permit. If you will be distilling more than 200 gallons a year, you would need to apply to the Texas Alcohol Beverage Commission for a permit based on how much you plan to distill and you would have to pay your taxes and fees based on the amount you distill.

If you are not going to do more than 200 gallons, you are legal to do so without any permit or license.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.