My mother in law said I could build a camp on her land going…

Customer Question
My mother in law...

My mother in law said I could build a camp on her land going my wife was going to leave me never got to use camp can I get money I got in camp back

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Ny

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/22/2017
Lawyer: Lori, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Lori
Lori, Attorney

Hello. I will try to assist you today. Did you have any type of agreement with your mother-in-law when you agreed to build the camp? Did you agree to do as a gift to her? If not, your best claim is a claim to recover damages for unjust enrichment. In other words, she owes for the value that you provided in labor and materials for building the camp on her property.

Hope that helps. Please remember to accept and rate this question. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated.