It's been awhile since I have taken a law class. Can a

Customer Question
Hello, It's been awhile...

Hello, It's been awhile since I have taken a law class. Can a blurry photograph be used as sufficient evidence in a court case?? It seems like that is "not enough" evidence. I remember reading that since DNA testing came about, eye witness testimony is unreliable. If they try to enhance the photograph wouldn't that be considered tampering with evidence?? It has been awhile but I remember reading about this stuff. Where can I find this information. I a lot of law books I just don't remember where to look. Thanks:)

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

Iowa,

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

A man was "accused of stealing a TV from an ex-friends house. He has an alibi, and they have not seen each other for seven years. They only thing the accuser has is a blurry photograph.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nope, that is all. :)

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
12/22/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I was the attorney that answered your previous question. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

A blurry photograph is evidence. It may not be enough evidence but it can be presented as evidence to a judge or a jury.

Essentially, what his lawyer would argue is that the photo is not CLEAR enough to accurately identify him (or anyone else).

But they can still present the photo... in other words, it is evidence - it just may not be enough to sway the jury.

Take a look at this website. You may be able to find some free law books: https://www.getfreeebooks.com/15-sites-with-free-law-legal-ebooks/

Tina, Lawyer