I signed for a loan for my Grandson for a car. He lost his…

Customer Question
I signed for a...

I signed for a loan for my Grandson for a car. He lost his job, and I can't make the payments for him. I am 77 yrs. old and on Social Security, so I was going to let the car go back. The loan company informed me the car would but put up for auction and I had to pay the difference. Is this correct?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

WV. No

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Just talking to loan company

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/22/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Do you have any assets besides the social security you receive?