Breach of contract far as im concerned.wife used store

Customer Question
breach of contract far...

breach of contract far as im concerned.wife used store credit card without permission.she doesn't have a card and name not on account.3 names on card;me,issuing bank,and store name.if the 3 of us do business with anyone else,that voids my obligation to pay and the debt is on the stores head for not checking to see if its me using the card.the 3 of us intered into a contract to only do business with each other,no one else.i also have a text from my wife stating she made these purchases behind my back.why am I responsible ? im in Tennessee.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

Tennessee april this year.been fighting them for months.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not paying for something I didn't do.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Phone calls and paperwork and police report made to them.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/22/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

How did your wife get the card? Are you living together? What happened to the merchandise?

Took it out of my wallet while I was asleep. we are married .she still has merchandise.

Unfortunately, the store is not liable, but you can sue your spouse for the unauthorized use of the card.

The credit card agreements all contain provisions making you liable for any unauthorized use by a family or household member.

That is why parents are often stuck holding the bag for their kids' unauthorized purchases.

Your remedy is to proceed against your spouse for reimbursement. It is not breach of contract.