I wanted to find out if you know if any scams involving

Customer Question
I wanted to find...

I wanted to find out if you know if any scams involving certificate of deposit from standard bank south Africa?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a South African lawyer about this?

No im not sure who to talk to

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Nah so far i only just got the email just wanna find out if its legit as its from my partner and im just not sure

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that i can think of

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/22/2017
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 7 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

Sure. Please tell me about the background. Who has contacted/promised you what, who is asking for what, where are they, what are the details, etc.