I live in Thailand, but am a citizen of the U.S. I own land…

Customer Question
I live in Thailand...

I live in Thailand, but am a citizen of the U.S. I own land in Texas and wish to sell the land to a Texan who wishes to buy. How can this be accomplished simply?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

Both parties have agreed on a price and conditions of sale.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the land located?

In Burleson County Texas.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/22/2017
Lawyer: Richard, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Richard, Attorney

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Good morning. Are you going to provide the buyer a title policy for the property? Thank you!

No title ins.
I am waiting for my answer.

We don't seem to be communicating very well. Therefore, I am going to opt out to open your question up to all experts so another expert can hopefully timely provide you the information you seek. Please do not respond to this post as it will only slow the process of such an expert picking up your question. Take care.

Where is the answer to my question?
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 6 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

Your original expert has opted out and I have opted in.

Assuming that there is no mortgage, title insurance, or anything else and it is a straight buy, then this should be easy. There are really only two documents required.

1) Contract for the land - see HERE. May be modified as needed.

2) General warranty deed - see HERE.

Once these are executed, both buyer and seller keep copies. The buyer files the general warranty deed with the county where the land is located and that is it.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.