I want to refile my lower court unlimited civil case without…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I want to...
Second opinion] I want to refile my lower court unlimited civil case without prejudice to lower court as limited. How do I refile it?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
12/22/2017
Lawyer: LegalPro54, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
LegalPro54
LegalPro54, Lawyer

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

There should be no issue with doing this. You simply need to file a motion to reclassify the case to limited civil, or obtain a stipulation (agreement) from the opposing side to that effect. The other side should have no problem agreeing, as refiling in limited civil just restricts their potential liability, it does not hurt them in any way.

I hope this helps. If I can clarify anything at all for you, please do not hesitate to ask. It is my pleasure to assist you further if necessary. If I have answered your question, I would be very grateful if you'd take a moment to positively rate my service to you so that I may receive credit.