I want to refile my lower court unlimited civil case without…

I want to refile my...
I want to refile my lower court unlimited civil case without prejudice to lower court as limited. How do I refile it?
12/22/2017
Michael Lykken, Esq

He​llo, my name is ***** ***** I am a California attorney. Thank you for using this service, and please understand that I can only provide you with general legal advice here. Also, this conversation does not create an attorney-client relationship. Now that the formalities are out of the way, let's look at your question.

Generally, you need to file a motion to reclassify an action as a limited civil action or an unlimited civil action. The parties can also stipulate to the reclassification, and the stipulation would be filed in the case. Finally, if the defendant hasn't answered the complaint you should be able to file an amended complaint reclassifying the matter. You also should not have to pay a new filing fee since the unlimited case filing fee is often higher than the filing fee for a limited case.

I hope this has helped. If you need any further clarification, please let me know. Otherwise, I would appreciate it if you would rate my service as I only receive credit for helping you if my service is rated. Thank you and good luck!

Michael Lykken, Esq