Someone has taken my profile photo from facebook and posted…

Customer Question
Hi, someone has taken...

Hi, someone has taken my profile photo from facebook and posted it on a post about me inside a hate group. People are posting negative, even threatening things about me. My question is, can I hire an attorney that will fill out the take down form here at this location for me. The copyright removal form has a section to have reply email and a section called "legal inside-outside counsel" - I want the person who is abusing me online to see that I hired a lawyer to handle the take down notice on facebook. I have all the information, links to the post inside the public group, links to the image, and many screenshots.

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you have a registration record?

What is a registration record? you mean here?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a local attorney? Has anything been filed in court?

No but facebook has a take down form and a field in it allows for a section called name of > attorney outside counsel i want an attorney to fill out the form with their info

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I would like this form on facebook filled out: https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/1758255661104383 and during the information gathering, submit two other URLs on facebook where my rights are being violated

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/22/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.

Why wouldn't you just hire facebook on your own to take down the information? Why would you take the time and take on the expense of hiring an attorney to do it for you?

is that a 40+ dollar response? why wouldnt i hire facebook?

No, my question is why wouldn't you take the free option and contact FB directly - rather than hiring an attorney. What am I missing?

I meant to write contact FB... not 'hire' FB.... That was my mistake.

Your question was accidentally put in the wrong queue. It says here that you are in Mexico, not in the United States. I will contact customer service to transfer your question to that forum.