I took my wedding ring to Kay Jewelers to have it resized…

Customer Question
I took my wedding...

I took my wedding ring to Kay Jewelers to have it resized and they lost it and it can not be found and UPS or FedEx can not track it. They have been giving me the run around and trying to give me a replacement rings (5) that are not comparable. They are either too sharp on the corners or the diamonds are set wrong or cut wrong. Im wondering what my options are since they will not give me the value of the ring which is 5400. they want me to keep the replacement ring and give me 10% which is 513. Not acceptable to me considering this is not my original wedding ring.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Im sorry, Texas. I forgot to add that

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, i have been trying to work with the company but they dont seem to want to make this right

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I dont think so, i think i have told you everything

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/21/2017
Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 7 months ago
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Are you asking if you can sue them for the value of the original that they lost?