I was recent;y discovered in the back seat of a legally

Customer Question
I was recent;y discovered...

I was recent;y discovered in the back seat of a legally parked vehicle in a public parking lot with an extramarrital friend. The police officer recognized me, wrote no report but offerred the sighting to my husband who has now filed for divorce. Is this a breach of my personal privacy and was it improperly divulged to my husband who is a fellow police officer but from a different department

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

None

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Michigan

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/21/2017
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 7 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Good evening. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. This is not a situation where there is a right to privacy or anything confidential and if the officer observed this and relayed it to your husband there is notning illegal about that. Now, I do not know if anything was happening in the vehicle that could amount to a charge being filed but if you wanted to at least report this to internal affairs they could investigate the officer and see if he is subject to discipline. You would have to explain the situation and could avail yourself so I would be at your discretion.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!