Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I have told a former from for her and her family members to…

Customer Question
I have told a...

I have told a former from for her and her family members to cut all ties with me and they keep sending me postcards to this day. It's been over a year. It's like they are trying to make me feel disrespected and unsafe and I do. Like they want me to know their still thinking about me. What do I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Maryland some of the mail comes from Florida.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I told her to stop contacting me and that our friendship wit her me and her family is over through text. She sent one of her friends to try to talk to me, but I told her to leave me alone too. Her sister who is s criminal started sending me postcards when I told her to stop as well. She's done this again. I got another postcard through her husband (also criminals) company... ..

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I sent a text again for her to stop only I used vulgar language this time.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/21/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 2 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Have your attorney send them a cease and desist letter demanding they stop contacting you. Let them know any further contact will be treated as harassment and may subject them to criminal prosecution and civil liability.

You can send the letter yourself, but it will have more impact if it is on attorney letterhead.

If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys). Many attorneys, themselves, use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

http://www.martindale.com/Find-Lawyers-and-Law-Firms.aspx

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!

Loren, Attorney