Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

While i was loading my shopping items into the car, the cart…

Customer Question
While i was loading...

While i was loading my shopping items into the car, the cart drifted and hit another car which caused a small dent. Ami i at fault to pay for repairing the dent?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

CA. the car might be a year o;d

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No. He reported it to his insurance. His insurance company called me asking for my home insurance policy number and agent.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
12/21/2017
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 2 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Yes, you likely would be. I say this because there was an obligation on you to make sure the cart was secure and could not roll away, while you were loading your items. While this was an accident and you have no intention of it, you would likely need to pay if the cart rolled away while under your care and control and damaged the vehicle. Seeing how it is a dent, you may want to ask them to get an estimate and consider paying this out of pocket, so no claim is filed and there is no adjustment to your premium for this.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

LegalKnowledge, Attorney