I purchase a home in Blairsville GA from a Bankruptcy Court…

Customer Question
I purchase a home...

I purchase a home in Blairsville GA from a Bankruptcy Court for cash. A mortgage co. Submitted an unsecured loan on the property, the Judge denied the claim and ordered the sale. The mortgage co has a person checking on the property every month and paying the co. taxes. What must I do to stop it ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

We have reported this to the escrow Att. and the title insurance Att.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a Georgia lawyer about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am a retired Judge, Prosecutor and Policeman, I know California law, but not Georgia law

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/21/2017
Lawyer: DrakeLAW, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Lawyer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

It sounds like you purchased the home free and clear of all claims.

If the lender submitted a claim to the Bankruptcy Court it would have been through an attorney and I would think the attorney would communicate to the lender that it has no rights in the property. But I am not surprised if that has not happened or there is some breakdown in the chain of communication.

So what is it that you want stopped? The checking on the property and the payment of taxes?

OK
I think I got stuck in a con job, why don't we for get it! I will report this to the Bar.

What are you talking about? I asked you some questions for clarification.