Have an ongoing case with dcf in CT, allegations were made…

Customer Question
Have an ongoing case...

Have an ongoing case with dcf in CT, allegations were made that my wife and i were using heroin. I admitted to using , acknowledging that i was the one using. I have since gave them one clean urine through mcca. They would like a hair test from me but , from what I've have read up on CT law , but the possiblity of danger or drug usage is what their trying to justify a hair test with, are they justified?

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in?

Connecticut

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

A neglect petition

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just want to know if I'm justified in telling dcf to piss off about their hair test after i have already given then a clean urine

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
12/21/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

K
I can't afford a 60$ phone call that's 3 dinners off my family's plate

As a former DCF lawyer I can tell you that a failure to take the test counts as a positive one.They7 may take your kids here if you fail to test.Sorry being honest.You can decline but they will count it against you.

It is standard procedure for DCF to use hair follicle testing because it has a longer period to show a clean test.But you may want to take your chances here with taking the follicle test.You don't want to tell them no here unless you want them to count it against you.

Honestly DCF hopes you will tell them to FO they would take your kids based on counting this as a positive test.It is in your interest to try and comply.Please don't shoot the messenger wanted to be honest with you here.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Reference

Family Courts and Juvenile Courts in Connecticut have the authority to order hair follicle testing to determine whether there is a pattern of drug use. I have seen these tests ordered with increasing frequency as the reliability of these tests are now widely accepted.

The standard hair follicle test goes back about 90 days and can show the presence of cocaine, marijuana, opiates, amphetamine and PCP. These tests will not detect the last 1-2 weeks of drug use because the hair has not grown from the scalp. Therefore, if recent drug use is suspected, urinalysis is the way to go.

Judges order substance abuse testing to assess the safety of a child in the care of a particular parent. If the test is dirty, treatment will likely be ordered and visitation either suspended or supervised in the interim.

https://www.briankaschel.com/blog/2013/06/hair-tests-in-connecticut-courts.shtml