What kind of forms would I need to file with a judge to

Customer Question
What kind of forms...

What kind of forms would I need to file with a judge to obtain cell tower records and to recover old CCTV footage through law enforcement recovery methods?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I'm in Orlando, Florida. The incidents happened in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I've contacted law enforcement, the phone company ( sprint), and asked the company I worked for. The issue is that they have in their systems that I was in the building and working, when I was on the other side of town. There is over a week that this was recorded. The last supposed shift was a managers authorization.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's the summary of it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/21/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

In order to get anything from a court, if law enforcement is not involved or will not obtain a warrant, there needs to be a lawsuit filed against someone involving this video and in that case the court can issue a subpoena for the video or you can obtain the video through discovery (such as a request for production). However, you just cannot go to a court to get an order for such video if you are not law enforcement who can go to a judge and get a warrant for the information in a criminal case. It does not work the same for a civil case, where there has to be a lawsuit filed and you need to use discovery or a subpoena from the court.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.