I had a 6 year old pit mix names Truman I loved him very…

Customer Question
I had a 6 year...
I had a 6 year old pit bull mix names Truman I loved him very much . My daughter whom lived with me at the time bought an american bulldog and german shepard mix. truman helped raise Fisher{my daughters dog} and they got along great until fisher reached maturity then Truman became very jealous and they got in a very devastating dog fight one morning .. Truman attacked Fisher for what apppeared to be no reason at all and the fight was horrible we had a hard and horrible time seperating them and Fisher was much bigger than truman , he was only defending himself but because of his size I believe he got the best of poor old Truman and he was injured quite badly. I also was bitten trying to break them up . Since Truman s injuries were the worst I loaded him in the car first to take him to our neiborhood and family vet ..Dr Kennedy, she immediatly saw Truman and said he would have to have some stitches for the lacerations in his head and his lip that she would most likely keep him over night then he could come home the next day. then i went home and got Fisher and toook him to her offfice and she immediatly said You get that dog out of here ,he is a vicious dog. Although she has ben his vet since he was a timy little pup giving him his first rabies and parvo shots. and she was by all things considered whom we considered to be his vet. the night passed and the next day i called about coming to pick up truman to bring him home they said he was doing welll but was still in a lot of pain and needed to stay another day to be on the IV medications they were giving him..So that day passed and the next morning I callled again to inquire about picking up Truman and bringing him home. They insisted that Mr heinrich{the other owner of the dog) other than myself. call Dr Kennedy that she needed tp speak to him and would only talk to him and not me. I was extremely confused so Richard Heinrich got on the phone with Dr Kennedy and she said to him, (and I Quote). I have found another home for Truman where he can be better cared for than what he had been. He will be quite comfortable with his new family and very happy there. well, Richard was shocked and said in to the Dr. can you please explain what you just said to me to april I think she is going to be very upset as she has deep feelings for Truman. her response in reply to that was ," I dont give a shit(excuse my language) about her and her feelings, it was all her fault all of this happened anyway. she is a no good bitch who should not own any animal, especially Truman. WOW!!!!we were both shocked and practically speechless. She would not get on the phone with me and told Richard , it was too late the choice had been made and he had already been placed with another family. We never saw Truman again and were and still are absolutely devastated. I found out later that Dr Kennedy is good friends with Richards estranged daughter who does not like me for whatever reasons and im sure that had alot to do with what happened. I know that the law was broken and basicallly she dog napped our dog. what can we do #1 to get Truman back and # 2 to sue her for all of our emotional pain and suffering? please help this is almost unbelievable. happened in Raytown MO this past summer june of 2017
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/21/2017
Lawyer: Lori, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Lori
Lori, Attorney

Hello. I will try to assist you today. I am sorry to hear about the loss of your pet. You have a claim for theft and conversion against the vet, the vet clinic and against whomever has Truman now. The vet has no right to take your pet (deemed your property under the law). I would also report it to the police and get a police report for theft. If you know who has Truman now, I would send a demand letter to them for the immediately return of Truman or you will resort to legal action against them.

Hope that helps. If satisfactory, a positive rating would be appreciated.