I need to know how to inform Social Security that the bank…

Customer Question
I need to know...

I need to know how to inform Social Security that the bank account that my benefits are paid to has changed

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, I have been receiving ss (disability) checks monthly paid to my bank account that I had to close and open a new account at the same bank.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/20/2017
Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
Good afternoon. I am a legal expert attorney who will assist you today
Since you already are receiving SSDI benefits, you can change Direct Deposit bank account numbers directly online.Here is a link.https://secure.ssa.gov/RIL/SiView.doYou can also call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****) and change it over the phone.I hope this clarifies. Please don’t forget to rate the question with stars. We as attorneys are not employees of Just Answer and are not paid unless you rate the question with stars.