Can my project management consulting firm place a lien the…

Customer Question
Can my project management...

Can my project management consulting firm place a lien the property that we have been hired to get permits for new construction for the past 2 years, when our client, the property owner, is planning to sell the property without paying us for the past 3 months?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Seattle, Washington

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not by our firm

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/20/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 8 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

First, any earned and unpaid fees need to be paid as agreed. Second, a lien can only be placed if they have a claim and would require filing a civil lawsuit in the county where defendant is located.

Any wrongly placed lien would be removed and sale should proceed, often with funds in dispute being escrowed.

If that is clear and acceptable, please reply "yes"

if you have any follow up, just reply and ask me.

Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.